I've decided that I will need to be organized with my hexie project. I had this basket with wooden dividers that was being under-used in a closet, so I cleaned it out and claimed it for hexies.
In the back, you can see one blue hexie that's ready to be sewn on. In the two empty slots, I will put white hexies and embroidered hexies. On the right are my 2" templates from Paper Pieces and a package of small binder clips.
In the front, I have my red and white threads. Then some red hexies that are ready to go in the quilt. Next is a coffee mug with a small pair of scissors inside. I'm also using this mug to put my scraps and thread clippings into. As a side note, I got the mug when I graduated from junior high school many years ago! The mug never had a handle, so it fits perfectly in this spot. To the right of the mug is a spot to put hexies that I've basted but not pressed yet.
I've sewn three red hexies onto the white flag embroidered hexie, but they are not sewn to each other yet.
Happy stitching!
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Excellent basket for organizing your hexie project. I'll have to keep an eye out for something similar. Your flag looks great - lots of detail!
Love the repurposing of this basket! Your fussy cut hexie is awesome! Can't wait to see this quilt develop!
well done Miss Organisation a lesson can be learnt form you here, I tend to have stuff all over th place and spend too much time looking and not getting on with the project in hand!
Like the new block with the flag on it.
I'm jealous. That's a great basket!
I LOVE your basket organizer. It would look cute sitting out, unlike the baggies I use! Brilliant. And, i'm sure that's a Longaberger basket. I've seen them all over antique malls and auctions in the past few months.
Perfect basket for your hexie project. It is good to be organized, it makes you feel good. I love your hexie with the flag.
Post a Comment