Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Mail!

Look what the mailman brought me today:
My Quilts of Valor quilt, all quilted and sent back to me by Leisa, a long-arm quilter who I got connected with from the QOV website. The pattern for the quilt was a freebie from Judy at Patchwork Times. Leisa did a fabulous job on the quilting! I did a little happy dance when I opened the box :)
In each of the centers of the blocks, Leisa quilted a little flag with one star and some stripes.
In the "frame" of each block, she quilted a star in each corner, connected with wavy lines.
In the inner  (red) border, Leisa quilted different words such as thank you...
...USA, freedom, liberty, etc. There's a star in between each word.
This little corner was too small for a word, so she made a cute little flag.
For the outer border, she stitched around each large star then quilted swirly lines in between each star.

When my husband saw the quilt, he said it's beautiful and then he asked me where in the house we're hanging it up. Ummmm, we're not. It's being sent to a soldier!

Now it just needs a label and some binding.

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

Kevin the Quilter said...

What an awesome finish! It looks great, and is for such a great cause!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Looks awesome!! I just love that pattern!!