Saturday, March 16, 2013

Friday night stitching

My 15-year-old daughter loves fairy tales *almost* as much as I do. Lately, we've been watching some of the different movie versions of Cinderella. A few weeks ago we watched "Ever After" with Drew Barrymore as Cinderella and Anjelica Huston as a really good evil step-mother, and last night we watched "A Cinderella Story" with Hilary Duff. While we watched last night, I worked on a few projects.
First I cut out some of the pieces for my McKenna Ryan mini-quilt. Cutting those little curves and notches got to be a bit mundane, so after a while, I switched over to some hand-sewing.
After working on my black CQJP project a few other nights this week, I wanted a change of color. Plus, I wanted to be able to just mindlessly sew without thinking about what stitch combination to do for each seam. So I pulled out my current Winter Wonderland block and made the snowflakes. When I trace these patterns, I use a very fine red Micron pen (I think it's a 005). That way if a stitch is slightly off the drawn line, it's not obvious like it would be if I traced with a black pen. I don't like to use a washable marking pen for this purpose because those are so thick.

Today is the first Saturday in months that we haven't had to go sit in a school gymnasium for a basketball game or track meet. I love that my boys are involved in sports, but I'm glad for a Saturday at home. I have some laundry going and now I'm off to do a bit of sewing on my Fibonacci quilt.

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that block! Did you design it? 'cause I can't tell you how much I want to steal it. LOL

Debbie S. said...

Thanks for sharing what type of pen you use to trace with. I need to go buy one of those to trace with I agree the water erase or air erase are to think to use.