Friday, November 23, 2012

October CQJP block

I hope all my fellow Americans had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday! We had a relaxing day at home. Although it was just the five of us, we still had a full, traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I had my husband and the kids help out with two dishes each, so it was pretty manageable for me. After we ate, we played Monopoly. Not my favorite board game, but if that's what it takes to have some family time with my teenagers, then bring it on!

Then in the evening, I had some time to work on my CQJP block from October. I finished it. It's not quite how I had envisioned it, but I still like it. What I first tried as a frame around the photo just wasn't working, so I opted for this lace instead.
Here's a closeup of the MOP buttons and clear beads that surround the photo.
I added gold seed beads, translucent sequins, and pearly-white seed beads to the seam on the left side of the photo.
I embellished the strip of white lace with pearl-white drop beads and larger "bubble" beads.
I bought these silver number charms at Hobby Lobby. 1990 is the year we got married.

Since I have today off work, I'm hoping to finish piecing my November block for CQJP. Hopefully I'll have it posted by the end of the weekend.

Happy stitching!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you embellished around the photo. These are the colors in my moms cq blocks - not all my mom, but moms of a lot of my online friends. That's like your anniversary quilt - a long project!