Tuesday, November 6, 2012

October CQJP block work

Here's the work I've done recently on my October block for CQJP 2012.
On this seam, I did a zig-zag stitch with a thicker "velvet" thread. Then I made straight stitches and lazy daisy stitches.
 I used feather stitch to couch down this thick, metallic gold "Radiance" thread.
Two rows of chevron stitch in different threads, topped off with silk ribbon French knots on the outer edges of the stitching.
I added a piece of lace to this seam to bring another element of texture to the block. I think I'm ready to applique the photo onto the center of this block.
 
Happy stitching! And if you live in the USA, please go exercise your right to vote today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the look of the velvet thread, both places I saw it. Tell me how difficult it is to stitch with it, whether it twists much, and where you get it, please.