Sunday, March 31, 2013

March and April Goals

Happy Easter...He is risen!

We had a wonderful church service this morning, celebrating Christ's resurrection. We weren't able to get together with my sister and her husband today, so we had our Easter celebration yesterday, which was very nice. My parents and my younger sister live 1800 miles away, so we couldn't celebrate with them. So today we've had a quiet day at home.

Since it's the last day of the month, it's time to talk about monthly goals. Even though this past week was Spring Break for me, I didn't get all my goals accomplished. But it was a good week off work, so I'm not complaining. These were my March goals:

1. Piece the 3rd border for my Fibonacci's Challenge quilt. Done, but I also decided to do some applique on this border, which is not finished yet. See here for the latest progress.

2. Sew twelve blocks together for my All-Star UFO quilt. Done. But you'll have to come back this Friday for my First Friday UFO post!

3. Embellish the February and March seams of CQJP 2013. Done with February, about half done with March seams. The photos of the February seams are here.

4. Trace, cut, and fuse appliques for McKenna Ryan 12" mini-quilt. Done. Here's the post about this project.

My two extra credit projects were:

1. Finish 3 block B's of Easy Street. Done. Here's how they look, along with the first B block that I made back in January.

2. Baste my AP&Q Mystery Quilt. Still not done! I guess this is getting transferred to next month's goal list, again....

April Goals:

1. Finish the 3rd border and make the 4th border for my Fibonacci's Challenge quilt.

2. Make label for my QOV quilt.

3. Finish top of All-Star UFO quilt.

4. Embellish the March and April seams of CQJP 2013.

I have three extra credit projects this month (I know, wishful thinking for sure):

1. Finish 8 setting triangles for Easy Street. This is my current leaders/enders project, so there's a good chance it will get accomplished.

2. Quilt McKenna Ryan 12" mini-quilt.

3. Baste my AP&Q Mystery Quilt.

Here's this month's poster for the studio wall:
 
See how other quilters are doing on their goals over at Judy's Get it Done post.
 
Happy stitching!

2 comments:

Norece said...

Congrats on meeting your goals, you got a lot accomplished.

Anonymous said...

You did really well! I'm impressed. I love your signs you do for the wall. No excuse for forgetting. =)