Here's the stitching I've done on the February portion of my 2013 CQJP (Crazy Quilt Journal Project). I've realized that a main reason I'm not as motivated to work on CQJP this year is because I'm not doing lots of fancy, colorful stitches and I'm not adding any beads or other embellishments to the black fabrics. Once I get to the center, I will add lots of bling, though, so I just have to get through this part. It's certainly been challenging to come up with seam treatments that will look okay with the colors (or lack of variety in colors).
I'm not sure if I'll keep the two seams on the left as they are. They're a bit boring compared with the other seams.
Here's a closeup of the "basket weaving" I did on one seam. You can also see the "Danish knots" to the left of it and the curvy buttonholes with chain-stitched flowers and the triangles with French knots to the right of the weaving.
Here's how the whole thing looks so far. February's section is the top middle.
Happy stitching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I think in the overall scheme you have going on, those "boring" seams will be fine. Not everything has to jump up and down for notice. I really like the weaving, and the other things on the right. Maybe the left needs to be the calm spot. =) It's looking really good.
I am really curious what the final outcome will be of this one! It looks really cool right now!
Post a Comment