This weekend, I whipped up 5 blocks for Alycia's block drive. All the blocks that are collected will be made into quilts for Quilts of Valor, which donates quilts to members of the military who have been touched by war. Alycia has supplied the directions for this block drive. It's a log cabin variation...easy peasy! I set up a temporary design wall to photograph the blocks by putting a piece of batting over my ancient cardboard cutting board and standing it up. The batting is only big enough for one row of blocks, so here are three of them.
Here are the other 2 blocks for the block drive. I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but the outer ring of fabric on the right block has a white background with "USA" repeated in lines. For the center of each block, I used some fabrics from an old Moda Charm Pack called "red white and bold."
It's not too late to make some blocks for Alycia's block drive. For every 5 that you send to her by March 8th, your name gets put into a drawing for a beautiful fat quarter pack. And QOV is definitely a good cause!
I also got some more units sewn together for block A of Easy Street. Since I'm using these as my leaders/enders, the units come together pretty quickly, in between other projects.
Go visit Judy to see lots of other design walls.
Happy stitching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
http://kevinthequilter.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-liebster-award.html I nominated you! Hope you have some fun with it! I did!
Those blocks are great!! Thanks for pitching in!
I'm making blocks for Alycia's drive too! Our blocks might meet in a quilt. Fun!
Post a Comment