When I first started the Easy Street mystery, I decided to make three-fourths of the units Bonnie was making, since I did not want to make mine as large as hers. After the final reveal, I decided to make 9 block A's, 4 block B's, 8 setting triangles, and 4 corner triangles. If my calculations are correct, that will make the center a 63 inch square. Borders will enlarge it to a good lap-quilt size.
Go see some more design walls at Judy's.
Happy stitching!





7 comments:
You are so organized. Love your color choices..BTW!!
Once again I am amazed at how different a quilt/block can look with just a change of fabrics. I love your choice and look forward to seeing it put together.
I love your Christmas Easy Street! So cheerful.
I really do love your Christmas Easy Street! I believe I will make next year's mystery a smaller size too. I am glad though that I made the full size this year - it's my favorite Bonnie Mystery yet!
I'm loving the colors you are doing it in!
What a smart idea to make a smaller mystery quilt. Yours looks so different from hers. Can't wait to see it all put together. I'm still making blocks on mine. One day soon, I hope to have a top.
Well, "Miss Elizabeth Bennett", lol, sorry...the Jane Austen lover in me jumped on your side button...your block is so much fun. It's very intricate, isn't it. You've done a great job placing the colors. It will be a beautiful quilt!
Post a Comment