This week, in between going back to work after two weeks off, getting a haircut, going to a parents' meeting for younger son's basketball, and spending 2 1/2 hours in the emergency room with younger son who sprained his ankle at basketball, I was able to sew the seven rows of my quilt for Quilts of Valor (QOV) together. Please ignore my husband's hands at the top of the quilt and his feet at the bottom. When a quilt top gets this big, he is my "design wall" ~ LOL! I just need to cut and piece the borders, then sew them onto the center of the quilt.
While I worked on the QOV quilt, I worked a bit on Easy Street, using it as leaders and enders for the QOV. At first I was going to assemble Easy Street one block at a time, but then I decided I'd rather piece together two units for all the blocks I'm going to make. Here are half of the 4-patches sewn onto half of the double bricks. The pattern calls for half of the 4-patches to be sewn on one way and the other half sewn on with them rotated. I had hoped to have my entire Easy Street quilt top finished by the end of January, but I'm not so sure that's going to happen now. When I have a break from my job at a school, I tend to forget that life gets pretty busy during the school year! I'm just happy to keep this as my leader/ender project for now. I know it will come together soon. I'm not whining, but these last two steps are pretty involved :)
I'm linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday.
Happy stitching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
I know what you mean about school. And, FYI, retirement is great! And you love Mondays because design wall is up!
I am trying to enjoy that last week before school starts. My semester begins next week :( And it is really busy after that, you are so right.
Love your QOV and I can't wait to see you Easy Street. I love your fabric choices so far.
my family helps with pictures too. Looks great! I hope that your son is feeling better. We are winding down our sports, senior year. It is a bitter sweet of I can't wait for it to be over and a bit of nostalgia. Have a good transition back to the routine!
love the QOV!!! an the hands and feet LOL - sorry you had to visit the ER - hope all is better now for your son
QOV and Easy Street looking great! I love the color scheme you picked for the mystery! Hope your son is ok and there won't be any ER visits anytime soon...
Way to go! Can't wait to see that Easy Street completed!
I personally love the design wall, with the feet and hands! Awesome! :-)
Can't wait to see your Easy Street as you progress. It is looking awesome! Love the colors!
Bari
Post a Comment