Can you believe we are about to say goodbye to January of 2013? This month has totally flown by...I think these next few months will be a blur, since my oldest son is in his senior year of high school.
At the beginning of January, I listed some quilting goals I had for the month. Here's how I did on them:
1. Make Judy's free pattern for Quilts of Valor during the New Year's Day Sit and Sew. Done. See this post for photos.
2. Make 1 block for my
All-Star UFO quilt. Done. But you'll have to come back tomorrow for my "First Friday UFO" post to see photos :)
3. Finish my Easy Street quilt
top. Not Done. This is one goal I totally overestimated on. When I was making my January list, it was at the end of my 2-week Winter Break, so I was a bit over-ambitious! This quilt requires lots of thinking and pinning, and I've been using it as my leaders/enders project for my other quilts this month.
4. Piece the black fabrics for my CQJP 2013 project. Done. See this post for photos.
For
extra credit, I have two more things I'd like to accomplish:
1. Quilt my
AP&Q Mystery Quilt. Not Done. Not even close. It's still sitting on the ping-pong table, where it's been since I finished the top. Here's a photo of the top.
2. Start the Fibonacci's Challenge quilt that a
local quilt shop is hosting, using more of the Christmas fabrics in my
stash. Done. I decided this was a higher priority than Easy Street. If I bring in my progress to the quilt shop, I will get the February directions for free. But if I don't have any progress, I'll have to pay $3.00 for the directions. Here are photos of the first border.
SO....
That's how I did this month. Judy asked on her blog if we thought having goals helped us get more done in January. I think it definitely helped me to stay focused on a few projects.
Here are my February goals:
1. Piece the 2nd border for my Fibonacci's Challenge quilt.
2. Make 5 blocks to send to Alycia for her block drive. You can join in the fun. For every 5 blocks of her pattern that you send to her by March 8th, your name will be put in a drawing for a gorgeous fat quarter pack.
3. Make 1 block for my All-Star UFO quilt.
4. Embellish the February seams of CQJP 2013.
My two extra credit projects are:
1. Finish 9 block A's of Easy Street (I'm trying not to be too ambitious with Easy Street this month!)
2. Baste and quilt my AP&Q Mystery Quilt.
I made a little photoshop document to print fullsize and hang up on the wall in my studio. I think it's more fun to look at than a hand-written list.
How did you do on your January goals? Have you written February quilting goals yet? Go visit Judy to see how others are doing with their goals.
Happy stitching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Your poster made me smile. Maybe if I did that, I wouldn't have to keep looking back at my post to remind me what my goals are! I think you did a great job. Every Easy Street I've seen doesn't seem so easy! At least, it seems time consuming to me.
Post a Comment