Sunday, February 26, 2012

Crazy for Roses part 2

Here are the blocks in the middle row of my crazy quilt, Crazy for Roses. I had trouble getting a good shot of the block on the left. I think the shiny fabrics kept making problems. The heart in the black velveteen patch in the center of the block was made with silk ribbon embroidery roses. Mike is my husband's name.
For the middle block, I embroidered my initials. I also used pearl beads to accent the letters. The large ribbon rose was purchased for this block:
The main part of this block is another quote, this time from an old Petra song (I think it's from the late 80's or early 90's). When I was making this block, I sent an email to Bob Hartman to ask if it was okay to use the words on the quilt. I was a bit surprised that he even emailed back, but he said that it was fine. The rose picture on the bottom of the block was one I found online at a copywrite-free website. Unfortunately it's been a few years and I don't remember what site. I printed it on transfer paper, ironed it onto cotton sateen fabric, and appliqued it onto the block.
That's all for now. Have a fantastic day of stitching!

No comments: