Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Going Green ATCs

I've recently joined a Yahoo group called Christian Paper Artists (CPA). They seem like a great group of very talented ladies. Anna is hosting a swap of ATCs called "Going Green." To participate, you make 6 ATCs and will get 6 back. Each ATC must have green on it somewhere, and it must either have something recycled or have a nature theme. For the back of each of my ATCs, I'm going to use an empty toilet paper roll which I've flattened. I'll write my name and contact info on that.

I think this first ATC is my favorite of the three I've finished so far. The base is made of green fused Angelina. It looks SO MUCH PRETTIER in person ~ the sparkle and shimmer just doesn't show up on the screen. I saw this quote on a tag that Ros made. Hers looks like it's a stamp, but I printed it out on vellum. I do need to find a better way to adhere vellum. I used Diamond Glaze, but I don't like how, even after it's dried, you can still see the dark marks. The gold border and butterfly are both German scrap papers from ArtChixStudio.



For this ATC, I first painted cardstock with iridescent rich gold acrylic paint (Liquitex), then stamped over it with Colorbox gold pigment. I LOVE this new stamp I got from Hobby Lobby: Tapestry Pattern by Stampabilities. For this ATC, it adds just the right texture to the background. I used my ever-handy Susan Branch ABC letters to stamp the quote, and hand-wrote "Ralph Waldo Emerson." The mini flowers are by making memories.

For my 3rd ATC, I painted a piece of cardstock using Twinkling H2O "mustard green." I marbled a separate piece of cardstock using a shaving cream technique I learned about in Carol Murphy's online "Tempting Techniques" class through Joggles. I added drops of three different red nailpolishes to get the marble look. The stamp is an old one; there's no label indicating what company made it. Lace is from my stash.

That's it for now. I'd better get packing some more boxes, since we only have 9 days til the big move.

1 comment:

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Hi, Jill.. These ATCs are wonderful! Pure poetry!

Heather xx