I think I'm going to do a series using this image from my Penscore pads. I first heard about Penscore pads and how to use them in an online class called "Tempting Techniques," taught by Carol Murphy through Joggles. (I have no affiliation with Joggles.) Anyway, I used the Penscore pad to make an impression of some woodwork on my daughter's antique headboard. Then I used some different colors of Lumiere paints to stamp onto muslin fabric. Each impression is 3" X 4", so I'll have to trim them down when I make the ATCs.
I made several different impressions, so I can pick my fave 5. The second one didn't turn out at all like I planned. I thought I had cleaned all the green paint off the Penscore pad before I put the gold on, but apparently some green was still on there. Actually, though, I like the effect. It looks kind of aged.
These two green ones were the first two I painted, and they may be the best prints.
I don't think Lumiere makes a RED paint, but this pearlescent magenta is pretty in its own right:)
I'm not really sure what I'll be doing for each ATC. This is probably the first time in my life when I've started a project without having a set plan in mind. I wouldn't want to work without any plan on a bigger project, but with such small end-products, I don't mind. I'm looking forward to doing some experimenting.

No comments:
Post a Comment