I've been working on the label for my Quilt of Valor. The website requests that you write "Presented to:" and they will fill in the recipient's name later.
I'm dedicating this quilt to my Great-Uncle Mike, who fought during World War II. He was a full-of-life Italian, always the life of the party at family gatherings. My fondest memory of him was when he *attempted* to teach me how to waltz at my Uncle Mark's wedding. It was not a success! LOL!
To make the label, first I typed out what I wanted in a Word document. I used Kristen font at size 22. Then I printed it onto plain paper and used my light-box to trace it onto a piece of Kona snow that I had leftover from my nephew's quilt. I pressed under a 1/4 inch seam allowance on each side, and now it's ready to be hand-stitched to the back of the quilt.
Happy stitching!
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Sounds simple enough to do - I'll have to try doing one that way :*) Great job on your label!!!
I love the label and the dedications.
Post a Comment