Sunday, April 7, 2013

CQJP March block

I finished stitching the seam treatments for my March block of CQJP (Crazy Quilt Journal Project) 2013. The fabrics are all black, but when I take close-ups, they look a bit washed out.
Almost all of my seams are from Carole Samples' book, Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches. I could make crazy quilts until I die and probably not use every stitch in that fabulous book! There is one seam, above, that was inspired by Susan at CQ4fun. The half circles above are kind of similar to a stitch she did recently, although when I went to copy her stitch, mine didn't quite turn out the same. If you haven't seen her wonderful CQJP blocks, you have to go over to her blog. She's making all of them with mini "war propaganda posters" - very fun!
Here's how the whole thing looks now. The March block is the one in the upper right corner.

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your stitching on this part. Where it changes color on one of the seams is really ingenious. I may have to try that. I really like the seam treatments you chose, and seeing the whole piece together, it looks very attractive.

MarneyMay said...

Wow your block looks great. I have just had a look at CQ4fun and will be visiting again. Thanks for the link. Cheers Pauline