Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March ~ One Monthly Goal

My March One Monthly Goal is to make the 2nd border on my Autumn Medallion quilt, which I'm making for a medallion challenge at my quilt guild. According to the randomly drawn specifications, the 2nd border needs to have curves (sewn curves, not just curves in the design of your fabric) and at least a bit of "carnation pink." Although we need to put 4 borders on the quilt, the borders do not all have to have curves or pink, and the borders do not have to be the same width.

Here's my medallion quilt so far:
When "curves" was first announced at our guild meeting, I thought "UGGHHH ~ I don't like making curves!" Then I remembered that some of my friends from guild have been raving about how wonderful the Quick Curve ruler and Quick Curve Mini ruler are. So after work the other day, I stopped at my local quilt shop and bought a Quick Curve Mini ruler. I'll have to play around with it and see how it works.

While I was at the quilt shop, I *may* have succumbed to temptation and bought three more red and white geometric fabrics for my Splendid Sampler. :)
 
 
I'm linking up to Heidi at Red Letter Quilts for One Monthly Goal.
 
Happy stitching!

3 comments:

margaret said...

Your medallion quilt is looking great,will be interesting to see how the curves go I have the ruler but not used it maybe seeing hat you do will inspire me. Loving the new fabric red is so cheerful. It is time i got all the rulers out and learnt how to use them!

Nancy said...

Your guild quilt medallion challenge sounds really interesting. And challenging, too, of course! I like what you've done so far. I hope you find curves easy. I've never pieced curves, myself. And those red and white fabrics -- they would have been too hard to resist. It's great that you already had something in mind for them.
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

I like your medallion quilt. It's fun to watch this develop. Good luck with those curves. My reaction would have been the same as yours. =)