Apparently I'm the last quilter on earth who hasn't heard of Bonnie K. Hunter's mystery quilts over at Quiltville! I just saw some posts about it on Monday, when I was looking at linky parties. After looking at the Quiltville blog, I decided to jump in, even though the mystery started last Friday. (Because I need another project like I need a hole in my head...LOL).
Although I love the colors Bonnie is using, I really don't have a lot of fabrics in those colors in my stash. What I do have a lot of is Christmas, Christmas, and more Christmas fabrics! So I'm going to make my Easy Street quilt with those. In place of Bonnie's lime, teal, and purple, I'll be using red, green, and gold fabrics. (I haven't had a chance to pull those out yet for a picture.)
Instead of Bonnie's gray, I'll be using several white-on-white fabrics.You can see some of them here. There are snowflakes, Santas, angels, Christmas trees, etc. A few of these are not Christmas-specific white-on-whites.
For my "background" fabrics, instead of using black on white, I'm using red on white, red and green on white, and green on white (well, I still need to go buy some green on white fabric...). I know these choices will change the overall look of the quilt, but that's part of the fun of making a mystery quilt, right?
Last night I cut several strips of fabric for step one, so now I've got lots of sewing to do. I hope to get caught up, but I don't know if that's realistic for this time of year, especially since I'll also be doing "December Daily" again with Ali Edwards. It's a daily scrapbooking project that I've done for the past three years.
I'm linking up to Quiltville's Easy Street Link Up #1.
Happy stitching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Welcome to the dark side! I did my first Bonnie Hunter mystery (and quilt) last year and I am hooked. I completed Orca Bay, my largest quilt ever in just 10 weeks total, my fastest finish ever as well. It was a great stress reliever over the hustle and bustle of Chrismas to just sit for 1/2 an hour and sew a simple step.
Oh, I like Christmas versions. Yours should be great.
I Love your fabrics! I think this is going to be one spectacular Christmas quilt. Isn't it fun doing the same pattern as hundreds of others from all over the world. I shall look forward to seeing your quilt develop over the next coming weeks.
Post a Comment