Sunday, August 19, 2012

July block finished and June block addition

I just finished my July block for CQJP 2012. So now I'm back on track, with almost two weeks to work on my August block! (I blurred out her birthday, like I did on the other blocks). I haven't actually attached that butterfly charm yet. Since it only gets attached by the top, I'm going to wait until after I sew all the blocks together. I don't want it to get caught up under the machine's needle.
Here are a few rows of Cretan stitch, with each row done up in a different thread.
 In this small triangle, I made a buttonhole half-wheel with a pearly white bead in the center.
The stitching on the upper right of this photo is from Carole Samples' book, Treasury of CrazyQuilt Stitches. I put a sequin and bead in the center of each stitch. On the left you can see how I used gold beads to couch the trim around her photo.
The large button in this button cluster is from Kendra's old dress-up dress. I placed it on the fabric patch from that same dress.
 Here's a feather-stitch with beads on the ends.
After "living" with my June block for a few weeks, I realized that the upper right patch, with the butterfly, seemed a bit bland. So I added some clear beads around the butterfly. I think that adds just the right amount of pizzazz that I was looking for.
That's all for now. Happy stitching!

No comments: